Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Projects from the summer

This summer my husband and I worked at a Boy Scout camp.  We took Claire and I made her some staff dresses so she would match the rest of the staff.  The dress took less than 30 minutes start to finish and is a great way to makeover T-shirts.  I will probably make a few t-shirt dresses out of some old (or new) Longhorn and Cowboy's shirts. It is a much cheaper alternative than buying a dress.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to sewing...working on the quilt

It has been a few months since I touched my sewing machine.  I was able to do a few simple projects this summer, but there just wasn't enough time.  We are settled in our rental home for the time being and the sewing machine has been unpacked.

I spent the day working on the T-Shirt quilt.  It is time consuming and more difficult that I expected.  I am hanging in there though and made some great progress.

I am piecing out the quilt on a bed sheet with the hopes of keeping everything sorted while I am working.  I still have a lot more cutting and sewing to do before the top is finished.

Top Left Corner

Top Right Corner

So much left to do.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...