Thursday, January 31, 2013

Valentine's Day Wall Hanging

I finally did it! I actually finished a holiday themed project, not only before the holiday, but the month before the holiday!  I used Sandy Gervais' line Flirt, by Moda to complete the wall hanging.  I paper pieced the letters using a tutorial I found on Sew Mama Sew. I printed the letters four to a page to make them smaller than the orignial project.  The hearts are made from a charm pack and a few extra charms so my patterns matched up.


THe back was pieced using some extra charms and a fat quarter of the large bird print on aqua. 

 
The wall hanging is now decoarting my undecorated office.  My goal is to make my office space happy and bright. 
 
http://emsewandsew.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-stitch-in-time-january-finishes-linky.html" target="_blank" title="January Finishes">January Finisheshttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-mhX2jtRkJJE/UOMyPlwUsWI/AAAAAAAAFmk/LUS-VbVMoDg/s255/A%2520Stitch%2520In%2520Time%25202013%25201.jpg
" />
 

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Work in Progress...

So this past week I finished my placemats and my table runner.


My Vintage Modern kitchen is almost finished.  I need to make a few pot holders and an apron to complete my set.

I also started working on a wall hanging for my office at work.


Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Table Runner

I have been working hard this last month to finish up all of my Vintage Modern kitchen collection.  I finished the table runner using the granny square quilt block.


I made three granny square quilt blocks and sashed them, and bound in my favorite stripe of the moment.


I put the table runner on the table with the placemats.


It may be too much, but I don't really care at the moment.  I love seeing them all together and I have been sing them every night to protect the table.

January Finishes



Sunday, January 20, 2013

New Placemats

I finally finished and washed all of my placemats.  I started with four, but when my husband brought me a new table that seats six, I knew I had to make two more.

I made them using the tutorial I posted a few weeks ago. I love the way all the placemats are different and utilize my vintage modern fabric.



I used all different fabrics for the back and binding.  I love how they all mix and match and every single print is perfect.



January Finishes


Saturday, January 5, 2013

Placemat Tutorial



This is a really simple placemat tutorial using 3 fat quarters and 2 jelly roll strips per placemat.  I am using my stash of Vintage Modern by Bonnie & Camille.  The top is very simple to piece and can be done in 30 minutes or less.  Finishing the placemat (quilting and binding) will take longer depending on how you quilt it.

To start with, pick out your jelly roll strips, a main print for the front, the backing, and the binding.

Cut the Main fabric into 8.75" by 14.75".

Next, pair the jelly roll strips, right sides together, and sew down the length of the strip, using a quarter inch seam allowance.


Press open the strip.



Cut into  13-2.5 inch segments.



Sew 4 different lengths.
         2 pairs
         3 pairs
         4 pairs
         4 pairs


Arrange them and sew them in the following order.


The finished top should look like:


Make a quilt sandwich using a fat quarter, a layer of batting, and finally the top.  Quilt as desired.

Binding: Cut four 2.25 inch strips from the long side of the fat quarter.  I like using the Distant Pickles tutorial when putting on binding.

Here are my first four placemats on my old table.  I will share the two new ones and my new table when I am done binding them.



Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!-

It is my year to finish up a bunch of unfinished projects.  I have several projects I want to finish, share with you, and maybe even a tutorial or two.

First up:



Finishing up my stand mixer cover. I have made several of these, but this one is for my kitchen.  I had the top pieced over the summer and the fabrics just sitting in a bin waiting for me to finish up the project.

I had New Year's Day off, so I got to work and finished the cover. Here is the pocket side.  I used the houndstooth pattern in blue and made a large pocket to hold a small cookbook and the paddle blade.


On the opposite side I used a Vintage Modern charm pack to make a chevron pattern.



This is my own pattern, available on Craftsy.




January Finishes

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...