Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Progress on the T-Shirt Quilt

Last April/May I decided to make a quilt out of 10 seasons worth of camp staf t-shirts as a gift to my husband on Father's Day.  Well, we are now 11 days from Christmas and I have just finished the top.  It was a ton of work, but I am so glad that I finally finished it last night.

Here it was after I made a little progress in September (before the move):

And then we moved back to our home in central Texas, where it stayed boxed up for months.  My husband has been at annual training for almost two weeks now so I decided to start working on his quilt again.  The quilt is not a secret because I had to ask him if I could cut up all his t-shirts, but with him out of the house I was able to have the space I needed to work on the quilt.

On tuesday I went from a crumpled up mess to this:

 I stayed up till midnight and might have stayed up later, but my sewing machine was giving me problems and I was making too many mistakes.  So I put it up and went to bed.  This morning, I woke up and got back to work and finished that last few squares.


Now it is time to decide on a backing and how to quilt it.  So far I am thinking of stitching in the ditch, with some tracing around some of the graphics.  The quilt is gigantic and takes up nearly the entire living room, so we will see how much more ambitious I can be.  This may still end up being a Father's Day gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...