Sunday, July 8, 2012

Margaritas on the Rocks

Have you ever made your own margaritas?  Ever tried the mixes at a grocery store?  I tried it once and it was horrible.  So I started making my own "mix" and it takes forever.  I would squeeze about 60-80 limes for one pitcher of margaritas and make a few cups of simple syrup.

Then I got an idea, what about frozen limade mix from the grocery store? So I went out to find a good recipe for a great margarita.

You will need:

1 cup of tequila
2 cans of limade
a lime (for garnish)
water
carafe

A few notes on picking ingredients. Find a limade that has lime juice and lime pulp. You do not want "fruit flavoring" or the frozen "margarita mix."  The most important part of the margarita is the tequila.  Choose a 100% agave, amber colored tequila.  The one I chose was not expensive, the bottle pictured was $20 at Spec's Liquor.

As for the carafe, I am reusing and Minute Made Orange Juice bottle.  I like the look and it stores well in my refrigerator.

Now for the recipe:

1. Thaw out the limade.  You can either do this by setting it on the counter for an hour or two, in the refrigerator overnight, or in a warm water bath for 15-20 minutes.

2. Pour the 2 cans of concentrate into the carafe.

3. Pour 2 cans (the limade can) of water into the carafe.

4. Add 1 cup of tequila into the carafe.

5. Shake to mix and then pour over ice into a cup of your choice.


To mix things up, try a blueberry-mint margarita. Make the recipe above and add blue berries and mint leaves.  For one carafe, I mash up 1 cup of blueberries and 9-10 mint leaves. The longer you let it sit, the stronger the mint and berry flavor.


Enjoy!I add a fresh squeeze of lime and slide a segment onto the glass for garnish.  I hope you enjoy my easy, great tasting margarita.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...