Friday, July 20, 2012

Matching Pillow!

I had lots of scraps from the layer cake and leftover yardage from the table runners so I decided to make a pillow for the small couch in the office. I really love the birds in Tend the Earth by Deb Strain so I showcased one of the blue birds.

I did my first dresden plate and I love the results.


And on the couch:


My mom bought some more of the brown so I can complete another pillow.  I am trying to decide what I want to do, but I know she wants to showcase the humming bird on the next pillow.

7 comments:

  1. Sweet fussy cut bird, Love your Dresden!
    Popped in from,Whoop whoop at confessions of a fabric addisct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pillow! I love how you fussy cut the bird for the center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dresden pillow is beautiful! Those fabrics are so pretty and I love all the neat projects you put together using them. Great finish! Thank you for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pillow and neat way to practice Dresden design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I love those birds, too. That line has tempted me so many times, I'm amazed I've succeeded at resisting! Moving (and thus seeing HOW MANY BOXES AND BOXES of fabrics I have) really helped me gain better purchasing discretion. ;D It made a nice pillow - excellent use of left-overs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful pillow cover!! Your dresden plate is lovely!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pillow and I loved tablerunner on your other post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...