Sunday, February 24, 2013

Quiltcon Part II

Now for my favorites at Quiltcon in Austin, Texas.  I loved the colors of Quiltcon and you could see them in many different quilts. This first one is a mini paper pieced beauty made and quilted by Jen Sorenson.  The name Dazzling Diamonds fits it perfectly.


Here is a close up of the quilting. and piecing.


And finally, the back.  All of the quilting was done with matching thread colors which created a wonderful back.



Members of the Portland Modern Quilt Guild each made a block for, Graphic. I love all of the different interpretations of modern and graphic.  


Of course being in Texas, we had to have a pieced Texas in the Quiltcon colors.  Texas was made a quilted by Dana Michaelsen.


The quilting was amazing and I loved the large star in the negative space.


I was really drawn to the swirls in Texas and the lines in the negative space.


Rainbow Rocks was made and Quilted by Kathleen Baden.  It was the second place winner in Applique.  It is using one of my favorite lines, Tula Pink's Birds and the Bees.  


And my favorite.  I was so drawn to this quilt and I don't know why. Maybe it is my love of hexagons right now.  Apiary was made and quilted by Casey York. I love the applique shapes all placed in a very modern hexagon shape.


The bugs were amazing.


To top it off, the quilt was hand quilted in little hexagons.  I love it!


I had a great time at Quiltcon.  Next time I need to plan ahead and take a workshop or two!

4 comments:

  1. Wow that hexagon one is so cool! If it weren't for the up close photos I would have thought it was just a printed fabric center, not applique. That is really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the hexi was a printed fabric also, the applique looks great. The quilting in the Texas quilt is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words on my Dazzling Diamonds quilt. I loved seeing so many fantastic quilts in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for including my Apiary quilt here! It was humbling to have it hanging among so many amazing works! Hope you had a wonderful time at Quilt Con!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...