Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tradewinds

I started this quilt last summer and I used my own pattern to showcase all of the prints in Lily Ashbury's Tradewinds collection for Moda.  The quilt used one Tradewinds layer cake, a yard of Bright Sky (bella solid), a yard and a half of Persian Rose for the border, and half a yard of Vanilla Persian Rose for the binding.



The top was finished before the end of the summer and has been sitting in a basket waiting to be finished ever since.  I found a great deal on the Hancock's of Paducah website and bought the backing, binding, and borders. On super bowl Sunday I set my machine up to quilt wavy lines.  I decided to quilt  the wavy lines at an angle.  I am extremely please with the results. It took about 2 hours to quilt, and several evenings to bind.


I am thinking about creating a pattern for the quilt.  It takes awhile to create patterns, but I have good notes, so it shouldn't be too hard.



Photobucket



2 comments:

  1. This quilt is amazing! Love the colors and design. I'm pinning it for future inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...