Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First Dress

A few weeks ago Joann's was having a 99 cent pattern sale so I decided I would try my hand at dressmaking.  I bought eight toddler patterns.  They were a combination of dresses and tank/short sets.  Mostly summer outfits, but with a shirt underneath they could work for winter and spring.

I decided on a Valentine's Day dress when I found the holiday fabric on sale for $2.44 a yard at Wal-Mart.   I purchased two yards, a yard each of a paisley and polka dot.  After two nights of cutting, ironing, sewing a seam ripping I was finished.



This was a McCall's pattern M6270.   I loved how it turned out, Claire's pink boots from Grandpa matched perfectly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...