Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ladybug Backpack


I love the Sew, Mama, Sew! Blog. I have found many great tutorials on the site and I wanted to post my own version of the drawstring backpack.

Here is the link to the tutorial.  I love it because it is super easy and is so customizable. Backpack Tutorial

I followed the instructions as they were, the only thing i changed was the flap.  The top flap was supposed to be a 7 inch square.  I used a Fiesta cereal/soup bowl to make a 7 inch circle.  I appliqued the eyes and the mouth onto the circle before construction.  For the whites of the eyes, I traced a larger thread spool and for the black I traced a small thread spool.



 For the inside, I created two pockets.  One was a small ID pocket and an elastic pocket for sippy cups.


I hope you all enjoy and take time to adjust tutorials to express your creativity. 

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Would love if you would link up with my link party!

    http://haybirdblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/fluff-your-feathers-and-strut-your.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...