Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, New Goals

This year I am going to start really blogging my crafts.  I recently purchased a sewing machine with the intent to start creating things for myself and my daughter.  My goal is to create something and blog about it at least once a week, if not more.

I will start with my Christmas project.  Santa brought Claire a pink retro kitchen and my goal was to make some food out of felt for her kitchen.  I found a pattern from Simplicity (99 cent day at Hobby Lobby) for a bag, fruits, veggies, cake, and cupcakes.  

http://www.simplicity.com/p-4464-craft.aspx

Everything at a craft store goes one sale, you just have to wait for it.  Joann's Fabrics is great for finding fabric on sale.  In December, felt was half off for almost the entire month and I only needed a third to half a yard of different colors and I still have plenty left over.  I recommend buying off the bolt instead of buying the felt sheets. 

I love the final product and Claire was so excited to play with it.  I have found that it is a good way to teach her colors and the names of food items.  Over the coming weeks and months I will be adding to her collection. 



I hope you like it, if you have any interest in purchasing some felt food, let me know and I will post my Etsy store.  I don't have many things posted yet, but I am happy to do custom orders.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...