Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Project for Me

I have been looking at tutorials and blogs for inspiration for a purse and clutch.  I found two really cute FREE tutorials. One from Noodlehead, a gathered clutch (http://www.noodle-head.com/2010/04/gathered-clutch-tutorial.html) and the buttercup bag from Made by Rae (http://www.made-by-rae.com/2009/02/free-buttercup-bag-sewing-pattern.html).

I found the patterns back in December, but I was just looking for some great fabric.  I wanted a nice animal print, either zebra or giraffe.


The gathered clutch was my first project.  It was my first attempt at a zipper and was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  The straight lines are not so straight, but it works.  I just need some more practice.  The tutorial was really easy to follow and the entire process took about 2 hours start to finish because Claire decided to wake up from her nap early.  Now that I know the process, it would take maybe an hour, with most of the time going to cutting.




My second project was the buttercup purse.  I used the same fabric combination as the clutch.  I made several mistakes, but in all it took about 2 hours.  The length of the first episode of The Bachelor.  The purse does some out a bit small, maybe not quite big enough for everyday life but great when it is just me out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...