Thursday, May 10, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

I love fatquartershop.com.  I ordered fabric Saturday afternoon and it was in my mailbox Tuesday afternoon.  This is the first time I have ordered from Fat Quarter Shop and I am very pleased.  I was worried about my fabric because of the rain, but my order came sealed in a plastic bag!


I opened the package and I loved my fabric choices.  The brown and greens are for the family tree quilt and the blue is for my Tradewinds quilt.


I cut right into the brown and started the tree.  I cut up my template and placed it on the fabric and cut roughly a quarter inch around it.  Then I turned the edges under, pressed, spray basted, and straight stitched it onto the background. I worked in sections and went very slowly.  The process took about 3 hours start to finish.  I didn't worry about it being perfect because trees are not perfect.


I also started in on the leaves.  The leaves were cut using my Cricut and I started wrapping them in fabric and basting them. My husband write out all of the names and I started embroidering.


Here is the quilt this morning with one branch of leaves sewn on.  I will add the name leaves after I am finished with all of the background leaves.

Today I was able to sew three buttons onto my Bingo card!

1 comment:

  1. I become more and more in love every time I order from fqs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...