Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Claire's New Room

Claire moved back into her old bedroom this week. It is bigger than the office she was in so it makes  the room less crowded.  This morning I even finished up her growth chart which I will share.  Claire's room is a mix of girly colors and her love of the movie Cars.  I rotate out the bedding, so somedays it is purple and flowery and other days it is Cars.



I finally finished the growth chart using scraps from the bedding set.  I paper pieced the letters and pieced the small scraps for the border.  The letters have some hand quilting in coordinating colors and I used my machine to embroider the numbers on the side.

And a close up of the detail:
I also found the cross stitch I worked on while pregnant with Claire.  I finished it up a few weeks after her birth, never put her footprint on it, but I hung it up anyways.

I am linking up with
March Finishes

1 comment:

  1. What a fun growth chart! That is a really great way to preserve those special memories! Congrats on a beautiful finish!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...