Saturday, March 31, 2012

Longhorn T-Shirt Quilt



I finished up my t-shirt quilt using my shirts from college.  I graduated back in 2005 and I was hanging on to some of my favorite shirts.  I don't wear these ones anymore, but I couldn't bear to part with them either.  So, I found some great Longhorn fabric and made myself a lap quilt.

Here you can see the shirts from the consecutive Rose Bowl appearances and of course, a couple of national championship shirts.  The shirt in the middle on the first row was my very first UT shirt and I had worn it so many times that the seams were unravelling on the side.  There are so many memories wrapped up in the quilt and they are no longer taking up space in my dresser!

I used a white background fabric for the sashing and the iconic burnt orange with white longhorn on the back.  I went super simple on the quilting and stitched just outside the shirt squares.

 And here it rests, on the back of the recliner. Oscar just had to jump up and get his picture taken. After all, the recliner is his favorite place to be.

I am linking up my finish with Such a Sew and Sew.


March Finishes

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I think t-shirt quilts are a great way to keep the memories without taking up closet space! You did a great job! Congrats and thank you for linking up!

    xo -E

    P.S. Oscar is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Texas alum as well! I am about to go through my T-shirts and make a very similar quilt! So glad to find your blog through Lily's Quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...