Last night I finished piecing the back of Claire's Cars quilt. I decided I wanted to use up as much of the scraps I had as possible. I started by piecing the column of scraps. I chose a width of 6.5 inches, to accommodate as many of my scraps as possible. The height of the rectangles varied for a more scrappy look. After I pieced enough scraps for the length of the quilt I bordered each side with 2.5 inch sashing.
Then I pieced the stripes. I took my longest scrap (the tan print) and used that piece as a guide for the width. I alternated the pieces with the white sashing. On the right side I pieced the stripes in the same order. I had only a few tan pieces left so I pieced a white block and embroidered a label into it using my machine. I made sure to make the back about 1-2 inches larger on each side to allow for movement while quilting.
Now on to practice some free motion quilting and then I am going to quilt this baby and put it on the finished list!
I am linking up with Fabric Tuesday over at Quilt Story!